Le Plessis Lastelle, Normandy, France
Maison Calvaire is set in the beautiful Normandy countryside near the village of Le Plessis Lastelle. A detached cottage with extensive grounds. It is ideally located only a 45 minute drive from the Ferry port of Cherbourg or a 1 hour 15 minute drive from the ferry port of Ouistram.
- ENTRANCE HALL WAY : W.C. & wash basin
- LOUNGE: Comfortably furnished with a large glass screened fireplace, On demand English Satelite TV, DVD player.
- Large book case with a selection of books, DVD’s and games.
- Spacious kitchen fully equipped with ceramic hob, built in oven, fridge, freezer, combination Microwave oven. The kitchen benefits from a large adjacent pantry and has views of the front and rear gardens.
- Utility Room
- Utility room has a dishwasher, washing machine, double sink with drainer and ironing facilities.
- Dinning Room
- Located next to the kitchen has a large beech table , 10 dining chairs and four easy chairs. The large patio door leads out to a decking area with a large patio table , chairs and French Style Barbecue.
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Suitable for holiday makers with limited mobility it is furnished with twin beds , wardrobe and bed side cabinets.
- GROUND FLOOR SHOWER ROOM has a shower and washbasin.
- SEPERATE W.C. with wash basin.
- Landing leading to:
- BATHROOM with bath, over head shower, wash basin and W.C.
- Additional W.C. with wash basin opposite the bathroom
- MASTER BEDROOM
- En-suite double bedroom with pine dressing table, pine wardrobe. The en-suite has a shower, W.C and washbasin. The bedroom has views over the rear garden and country side beyond.
- DOUBLE BEDROOM
- Furnish with a double bed and pine chest of drawers , bedside tables and clothes hanger. This bedroom has views of the rear garden and the countryside beyond.
- TWIN BEDROOM
- Twin beds with side tables and two pine chest of drawers. This room has a velux window and over looks the garden and the countryside beyond.
- EN-SUITE FAMILY BEDROOM
- Fasmily bedroom with double bed , triple wardrobe, dressing table and bedside cabinets. This bedroom has views looking over the front garden, calvaire and the countryside beyond. This room adjoins a bedroom with two single divan beds. The ensuite has a shower, washbasin and W.C.
- The house is heated by electric convector radiators.
The Cottage has a long drive way with parking for 3 to 4 cars. The front garden is landscaped with a variety of palms and exotic shrubs. The rear garden has a large lawned area.
Le Plessis Lastelle is set in the National regional Park of Marais Du Cotentin et Du Bessin. At the end of the village is the remains of a castle, Le donjon built in 1047 by William the Conquer on top of the castle is a Calvaire with a viewing platform with a 365 degree view of the Normandy countryside.
In World War II the battle of Mont Castre & Le Plessis Lastelle took part on hill 122 in the village. A monument opposite the local School stands in memory of the fallen in the battle.
A less than a ten minute drive towards La Haye-Du-Puits is Mont Castre the remains of a Roman fortification in 56 B.C. a garrison of 18,000 Roman soldiers under the command of Quintus, Titinus and Sabinus were stationed at Mont Castre.
The town of La Haye Du Puits is a 10 minute drive from the cottage and is a small bustling town with many shops, including supermarkets, restaurants and bars, boulangeries/patisseries, butchers/charcuterie, pharmacy, newsagent, hairdressers, post-office, petrol station. The town has a street market every Wednesday morning.
|WEDNESDAY||LA HAYE DU PUITS|
|THURSDAY||ST MERE EGLISE / COUTANCE|
Barneville - Carteret A short drive away with views of the Channel Islands.
Sciotot Well worth a visit it has large waves and a sandy beach that stretches for miles.
Utah - miles of sandy beach with monuments and museums of World War II.
Access statement available on request